Principal’s Message- Back to School Information
Welcome back to Dooley Elementary School for the 2017-18 school year! We truly hope you had a wonderful summer with your children, and hope many new memories were made.
The Dooley staff is dedicated to helping our students achieve their highest potential. Staff devoted time this summer attending trainings, reading professional books, planning curriculum, and getting their classrooms ready to create an amazing learning environment for students. We are all anxiously awaiting their arrival in a few weeks, and we know this year will be filled with endless opportunities for growth and success!
Teaching Teams for 2017/2018 School Year:
- Kindergarten – Mrs. Mannina
- Dual Kindergarten – Mrs. Herbig and Mrs. Yamamoto
- 1/2 Multigrade – Mrs. Bardwell, Mrs. Pietryla and Mrs. Sylvia Kim
- 1st Grade Dual – Mrs. Sanders and Mrs. Bell
- 2nd Grade Dual – Mrs. Yuri Kim and Mrs. Bach
- 3/4 Multigrade – Mrs. Fry and Mrs. Walz
- 3rd Grade Dual – Mrs. Darnall and Mrs. Stob
- 4th Grade Dual – Mrs. Tanaka and Ms. Mui
- 5/6 Multigrade – Mrs. Meservey and Mrs. Parker
- 5th Grade Dual – Ms. Komoda and Ms. Massingill
- 6th Grade Dual – Mrs. Abe and Mrs. Tufexis
The Dooley School Office is open. We are open every day from 7:30-4:00. Please note the office will be closed on Thursday, August 17th from 12:00-4:00 as the staff will be participating in a professional development opportunity to better serve our students. The office will reopen on Friday, August 18th at 7:30AM.
2017-18 Enrollment/Proof of Residency
Enrollment forms need to be returned to the school office with any updated information. Also, every family MUST turn in their Proof of Residency; if it is not received your child will not be included on a class list for the upcoming year.
Teacher Assignments (Homeroom and Math):
Teacher homeroom assignments will be mailed home this week. Math placement letters will be sent home on the first day of school. This math letter will indicate if your child is placed in grade level or accelerated math and the name of the math teacher. Please look for that communication on the first day of school.
School Supply Lists:
Stores are ready with school supplies! If you purchased the pre-ordered supply kits at the end of last year, you can pick them up during our Back to School Night Event on Aug. 17th. We have attached our school supply list for your convenience.
Important Reminder to Parents of Incoming Kindergarteners, Sixth Graders and Students new to District 54:
Please return the Certificate of Child Health Examination (physical examination form) to our school office. The form must include documentation of required vaccines, a completed health history section with parent signature as well as the physician’s signature. Kindergarten students also need a vision and dental exam. We ask that all medical forms be returned to our school office by the first day of school.
Thursday, August 17th – Back to School/Curriculum Night and PTA Sign Ups and Information Night (4:30-6:30)
- This night is for families to meet their teachers, hear about curriculum and drop off school supplies. You will also have the opportunity to join PTA, sign up for different PTA opportunities, pre-purchase spirit wear, and pre-order milk, hot lunch and snack day foods.
The breakdown of the evening is as follows…..
4:00-4:45 pm: EIM Parent Info – Meet in the gym
4:30-5:15 pm: PTA Ice Cream Social AND Supply Drop Off
5:20-5:30 pm: Kick Off (Meet the Staff)
5:40-6:00pm: Session 1 Curriculum Night
6:10-6:30 pm: Session 2 Curriculum Night
We have attached the Back to School invitation to this email.
First Day of School:
- Monday, August 21st – First day of school for first through sixth grade students. This is a full day of school.
- Week of August 21st – Kindergarten screening for incoming kindergarten students only. Appointment times have been scheduled and parents notified.
- Monday, August 28th – First day for kindergarten students. This is a full day of school.
On the first day of school, we will be lining up outside. The teachers will be dispersed outside the school building in the parking lot adjacent to the drop and go zone. They will be arranged in grade level teams and have name tags on. This should make it easier for you and your child to find the correct teacher. Once your child arrives at school, please direct him/her to go to the blacktop, find their teacher and line up with their class. If you are having difficulty finding your child’s line, please locate one of our staff members. All staff members will be able to assist you in locating your child’s teacher. In case of rain, all the teachers will be inside the school standing outside of their classrooms. Please have your child enter the school and staff members will assist your child in finding his/her classroom.
The first day of school for kindergarten, we will bring the kindergarten children into the gym to find their teacher. We will have the students’ line up, take attendance and bring the students down to their classrooms. Parents, you are more than welcome to come and take pictures before we bring your children down to their rooms.
We have also attached arrival and dismissal procedures to this email. Please open and read at your convenience.
Dooley Arrival and Dismissal Procedures 2017 2018.docx
We look forward to seeing each of you often throughout this year. We know this year will be terrific. Please feel free to call us at 847-357-6250 if you have any questions.