Principal’s Message- September 27, 2017
Thank you to all the families who came out to support District 54’s Run to Read! The event was fantastic and was fun to see some of our families on a Sunday morning! The Run to Read event was an awesome opportunity to promote healthy living by encouraging families to exercise!
October 5 and 6 – Fall Goal Setting Conference:
We are looking forward to seeing you with your child on October 5 and 6 during our annual goal setting conference. This is a great opportunity for our students to see us work as a team in order to support their learning. The children are busy setting academic and behavioral goals, and they are looking forward to sharing them with you.
Dooley School is on Twitter and Instagram:
Mrs. Velasco will be updating our school community on different events happening at Dooley. You can follow us on Twitter and Instagram @DooleySchool54
Spirit Day Tomorrow:
Tomorrow we are having a special spirit day. We are asking the students to wear blue to school if they are able to participate.
If you have not sent a white shirt to school, please send one in by tomorrow. The entire school will participate in a fun tie-dying activity on Friday. Please make sure your child’s name is written inside the collar of the shirt in black permanent marker.
Dooley Annual Walk/Bike to School Day:
On Thursday, Oct. 5, please join the Dooley staff and community for a healthy and fun filled morning walking or biking to school! Walking or biking to school promotes healthy living, being social, and getting our brains active and ready for the school day.
Schaumburg Parent University – October classes:
Schaumburg Parent University (SPU) is designed to involve more parents in the life of the school, to strengthen family relationships, and to improve parenting skills that will ultimately result in improved student success academically, socially and emotionally. There are two evening programs scheduled for October.
- Back-to-School Power Moves. Former Illinois PTA President Matthew Rodriguez will provide tips for parents to help support learning at home. This presentation is for adults only, but free childcare is available. The program is from 6 to 7 p.m. Oct. 12 in the District 54 Board Room, 524 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg. Presented in cooperation with the Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs.
- Escape Room: Family Math Night. Parents and children in kindergarten through sixth grade will use math and logical thinking to unlock clues and solve problems. This hands-on activity will be held from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Oct. 25 at the District 54 Professional Learning Center, 522 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg.
If you are interested in attending these free events, please click on the links. For more information about Schaumburg Parent University and to register, visit our website at http://sd54.org/spu.
- 9/28 – Pizza Lunch (pre-paid orders)
- 9/28 – Blue Spirit Day
- 9/29 – PTA Fun Lunch (pre-paid orders)
- 9/29 – All School Tie Dye Day
- 10/2 – Gabutto Burger (pre-paid orders)
- 10/3 – PTA Treat Day
- 10/4 – PTA Wellness Lunch (pre-paid orders)
- 10/5 – IBike/IRide to School
- 10/5 – No School in the PM (Dismissal at 11:40) Conferences in the PM
- 10/6 – No School – Conferences
- 10/9 – No School – Columbus Day