Principal’s Message- November 21, 2017
It is with much gratitude that we write this message. We are truly thankful for the amazing Dooley students, staff and community. Thank you, parents, for all you do to support your children: getting them to school on time, preparing lunches and snacks, helping with homework, and encouraging them to do their best every day. On behalf of the entire Dooley staff, we want to wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving break; enjoy the time off with family and friends.
Report cards are NOW available for you to view through the parent portal. If you have not created a portal account, please call the office. Only those who have contacted our office asking for a paper copy will receive one today in your child’s backpack. Our office will close today at 4:00PM for Thanksgiving break and reopen Monday, November 27th. If you still need assistance, please contact our office before close today or after Thanksgiving break.
District 54 Education Foundation – Upcoming Support Opportunity
The Windy City Bulls will host a District 54 takeover night on Wednesday, Dec. 20 at the Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, and a portion of the proceeds from each ticket purchased will be donated back to the District 54 Education Foundation.
The District 54 take-over night will feature:
- District 54 students participating in performances and other on-court experiences before and throughout the game;
- A District 54 Special Olympics basketball match at halftime; and
- A pre-game career panel for middle school students featuring front-office executives from the Chicago Bulls and Windy City Bulls.
- Dooley 6th Grade Ambassadors will be the Red, White and Blue Crew – They will have the opportunity to hold a (very) large American flag on the court during the playing of the National Anthem.
The Windy City Bulls will host an assembly at the school that sells the most tickets.
***This is not a drop off event, parents are required to attend and supervise their children****
Winter MAP Testing:
MAP testing begins after Thanksgiving break. Below is the testing schedule:
Tuesday, Nov. 28 and Dec. 5
- Bell, Sanders, Mannina, Yamamoto, Meservey, Abe, Tufexis, Komoda, Parker, Massingill
Wednesday, Nov. 29 and Dec. 6
- Pietryla, Stob, S. Kim, Darnall, Bardwell, Fry
Thursday, Nov. 30 and Dec. 7
- Y. Kim, Walz, Herbig, Tanaka, Bach, Mui
6th Grade Parent Nights:
On December 6, any student in 6th grade across the district is invited to the Jr. High they will attend as a 7th grader to a parent/student meeting. Please find the school your child will attend next year below and review the information about the night.
Addams Information on 6th Grade Parent Night
Wednesday, December 6th, 2017 @ 6:00 p.m.
The Dual Japanese presentation is at 5:30 p.m. for Dual Language Students only
Frost Information on 6th Grade Parent Night
Wednesday, December 6, 2017 @ 6:00 PM
Eisenhower Information on 6th Grade Parent Night
Wednesday, December 6, 2017 @ 6:30 PM
- Nov. 27 – School Resumes
- Nov. 27 – Gabutto Burger (pre-paid orders)
- Nov. 28 – Japanese Bread (pre-paid orders)
- Nov. 30 – Pizza Lunch (pre-paid orders)
- Dec. 1 – Fun Lunch (pre-paid orders)
- Dec. 1 – Holiday Shop
- Dec. 4 – Obento Lunch (pre-paid orders)
- Dec. 5 – Treat Day
- Dec. 6 – Wellness Lunch (pre-paid orders)
- Dec. 6 – Jr. High Parent/Student night
- Dec. 7 – Pizza Lunch (pre-paid orders)
- Dec. 8 – Fun Lunch (pre-paid orders)
- Dec. 11 – Gabutto Burger (pre-paid orders)
- Dec. 12 – Japanese Bread (pre-paid orders)
- Dec. 12 – EIM Concert 6:30 – Prince of Peace
- Dec. 13 – Talent Show Tryouts (2:30-4:00)
- Dec. 14 – Pizza Lunch (pre-paid orders)
- Dec. 14 – School Board Meeting 7:00PM @ Rafferty Center
- Dec. 15 – Fun Lunch (pre-paid orders)
- Dec. 18 – Obento Lunch (pre-paid orders)
- Dec. 19 – Treat Day
- Dec. 20 – Wellness Lunch (pre-paid orders)
- Dec. 21 – Pizza Lunch (pre-paid orders)
- Dec. 21 – PTA Winter Parties (1:30-2:30)
- Dec. 21 – Winter Break begins at 3:00PM
- Jan. 8 – School Resumes