Principal’s Message- February 23, 2018
We had a wonderful turnout at parent/teacher conferences last week. Thank you for taking some time to connect with your child’s teacher to discuss current progress and upcoming goals. If you need to discuss anything further with your child’s teacher, please do not hesitate to call and set up a conference. We hope these conferences gave you a snapshot of your child’s learning. We have a lot to celebrate at Dooley School.
A HUGE thank you goes to our PTA for hosting Dooley’s Got Talent! Thank you PTA for all the hours and hard work you put into the event. The night was a great opportunity for the students to showcase their talent. The acts were amazing!
Due to the snow day on Feb. 9th, the Meatheads Fun Lunch has been rescheduled to Wednesday, Feb. 28th. This lunch is ONLY for the students who were supposed to receive the lunch on the 9th. We are not taking new orders for this fun lunch. Thank you!
Schaumburg Parent University – March classes
Schaumburg Parent University (SPU) is designed to involve more parents in the life of the school, to strengthen family relationships, and to improve parenting skills that will ultimately result in improved student success academically, socially and emotionally. There are two evening programs scheduled for March.
- Yoga Class (Finding Peace with Your Family) – This class is for parents and students. This class will teach you a variety of yoga styles sure to strengthen your core and increase flexibility. The class will follow the Vinyasa Yoga practice, which is one of the most popular styles of yoga in the United States. This type of practice involves synchronizing your breath with a continuous flow of postures. Bring a yoga mat or towel, and water. This class will take place from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. on March 14 at the Professional Learning Center, 522 East Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg.
- Decoding “I’m Fine” – This event is for adults only. Madelyn Burbank, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, will discuss the subtle impacts of divorce on children. This presentation looks at divorce from the perspective of the child. It blends research and personal experience to explore best practices for mitigating negative consequences. We will look at how to assist your child in adjusting to life post-divorce, including talking to your child about the divorce, managing transition and difficult behaviors, identifying behaviors which may require extra support, navigating co-parenting, parents dating and blending families. There will be a special focus on things you can do, regardless of how the other parent chooses to parent. This event will take place from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on March 20 at the Professional Learning Center, 522 East Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg.
To register or for more information, contact Meg Kwak at (847) 357-6586 or email@example.com. Leave your name, contact information, the number of children requiring free childcare and the name of your child’s school.
District 54 Education Foundation – Upcoming Support Opportunity
The District 54 Education Foundation is partnering with Riccardo’s Restaurant, 1170 S. Roselle Road, Schaumburg, for a fundraiser next month. On Wednesday, March 7, present the event flyer or mention the Foundation when placing a dine-in or carryout order at Riccardo’s and 25 percent of your bill will go to the D54 Foundation. Reservations for dine-in are recommended. This is not valid with other coupons or offers. Click here for a printable version of the flyer. For more about the Foundation, visit www.d54foundation.org.
Spanish Speech Contest
MacArthur School is hosting a Spanish Language Speech Contest from 8:30 a.m. to noon on May 3, 2018, for students in third through eighth grade. Application, speech drafts written by applicant himself/herself, and video recordings no more than 3 minutes (one video recording per participant) must arrive at MacArthur School by April 3. The maximum length for speech drafts is 2 pages. The finalists will be notified via mail by April 26. Please contact Ms. Lucrecia Temoczuk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (847) 357-6666 with any questions. If your child is interested in participating, please complete the Spanish Speech Contest Application. If you are unable to print the electronic form, paper forms can be picked up in your school office.
- 2/26 – Gabutto Burger (pre-paid)
- 2/27 – Japanese Sweet Bread (pre-paid)
- 2/28 – Fun Lunch (pre-paid)
- 2/28 – Bowling Night for grades 1/2 only
- 3/1 – Pizza Lunch (pre-paid)
- 3/1 – School Board Meeting @ 7:00PM
- 3/2 – Fun Lunch (pre-paid)
- 3/2 – Japanese Culture Night (7:00-9:00PM)
- 3/6 – Treat Day
- 3/7 – 1/2 Day, Students dismissal at 11:40
- 3/8 – Pizza Lunch (pre-paid)
- 3/9 – Fun Lunch (pre-paid)
- 3/9 – PTA Auction