Principal’s Message- March 19, 2018
We hope you are enjoying the sunshine today! At last week’s District 54 School Board meeting, several of our Dooley Dragons were recognized. These students were presented with an Ambassador of Excellence Award for their PTA Reflection projects and qualified for the state level under the category of Music Composition. Congratulations to William M. (2nd grade), Shune O. (4th grade) and Taira S. (6th grade). We are proud of all your hard work!
This past weekend, we had students participate in the 32nd Annual Japanese Language Speech Contest at the Consulate-General of Japan in Chicago. These students did a fantastic job delivering their speeches and answering the judges’ challenging questions. Congratulations!
- 3rd Prize: Jibran K. (4th Grade)
- 2nd Prize: Julia S. (6th grade)
- 1st Prize: Emmylina O. (6th grade)
Report cards are available for parents to view on Parent Portal. All families received an account with a login and password. If you have not accessed your account or have misplaced your information, please feel free to call the school office.
Summer Camp Offerings
School District 54 is offering several summer camp opportunities for students to enhance creativity and innovation. Registration is open. To learn more about these opportunities and to register, please view the SD54 Summer Camp Brochure.
PARCC testing at Dooley will begin on Monday, April 9, 2018 and will conclude by April 20. We ask that you are considerate of these dates in the scheduling of appointments for your children during the school day. Please look for more information after spring break.
Wednesday is the last day science fair forms are due. If you are interested in participating in Dooley’s Science Fair, please get your form into the office by Wednesday (3/21). Thank you!
Spirit Week: Countdown to Spring Break
This week Dooley School is participating in a spirit week. If your child is interested in participating, below are the special dress up days.
- Monday 3/19 – Baseball Day
- Tuesday 3/20 – No School
- Wednesday 3/21 – Happiness Day in District 54…..Wear Orange
- Thursday 3/22 – Flip Flop Beach Day
- Friday 3/23 – Vacation Day T-Shirt Day AND Camp Read A lot (bring a beach towel and book for a special independent reading time)
Schaumburg Parent University – March class
Schaumburg Parent University (SPU) is designed to involve more parents in the life of the school, to strengthen family relationships, and to improve parenting skills that will ultimately result in improved student success academically, socially and emotionally. There is one more evening program scheduled for March.
- Decoding “I’m Fine” – This event is for adults only. Madelyn Burbank, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, will discuss the subtle impacts of divorce on children. This presentation looks at divorce from the perspective of the child. It blends research and personal experience to explore best practices for mitigating negative consequences. We will look at how to assist your child in adjusting to life post-divorce, including talking to your child about the divorce, managing transition and difficult behaviors, identifying behaviors which may require extra support, navigating co-parenting, parents dating and blending families. There will be a special focus on things you can do, regardless of how the other parent chooses to parent. This event will take place from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on March 20 at the Professional Learning Center, 522 East Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg.
To register or for more information, contact Meg Kwak at (847) 357-6586 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave your name, contact information, the number of children requiring free childcare and the name of your child’s school.
District 54 Education Foundation – 21st Annual Golf Outing
Join the District 54 Education Foundation for our 21st annual golf outing on Monday, June 11 and make a difference in the lives of District 54 students!
The golf outing at the Schaumburg Golf Club is the Foundation’s largest fundraising event. All proceeds support District 54 breakfast programs, STEM after-school clubs and grants for students from financially struggling households.
Please consider supporting District 54 children by becoming an event sponsor, volunteering at our outing or golfing. We are also looking for items for our silent auction, as well as gift cards from local businesses to award as prizes.
Visit www.d54foundation.org/golf-outing to sponsor, register or for more information.
- 3/20 – No School, Election Day
- 3/21 – Wellness Lunch (prepaid only)
- 3/22 – Pizza Day (prepaid only)
- 3/23 – Fun Lunch (prepaid only)
- 3/23 – Spring Break begin at 3:00
- 4/2 – Classes Resume
- 4/3 – Treat Day
- 4/4 – Wellness Lunch (prepaid only)
- 4/5 – Pizza Day (prepaid only)
- 4/6 – Fun Lunch (prepaid only)
- 4/6 – Spring Picture Day
- 4/6 – Daddy/Daughter Dance (Tickets were pre-purchased for this event, no ticket sales at the door)