Principal’s Message- April 23, 2018
It is so nice to see the sun shining today! We are hoping spring is finally on its way and we can begin to enjoy activities outdoors.
Today the Schaumburg Police came and practiced with us a Hard Lock Down. Our staff and students did great. The students understood we were only running a drill today.
Field Day is coming up and we need many volunteers to make it a success. Mark your calendars for Thursday, May 24th. Mr. Mennella will be sending out a request for volunteers soon.
Our final round of MAP testing will begin the week of May 7th. A more detailed testing calendar will be sent once we get closer to the date.
Schaumburg Parent University – Upcoming Classes
Schaumburg Parent University (SPU) is designed to involve more parents in the life of the school, to strengthen family relationships, and to improve parenting skills that will ultimately result in improved student success academically, socially and emotionally.
- Summer Camp Expo – May 1
This event is for parents and students, but childcare is also available. Visit tables to learn about the various summer camps and programs available in Schaumburg Township and the surrounding area. Programs and agencies attending the expo will be listed at http://sd54.org/spu. This event will take place from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on May 1 at the Professional Learning Center, 522 East Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg.
- Spring into Summer with Nature Crafts – May 16
Come join us for a night of nature inspired crafts. We will be painting birdhouses and making birdseed balls. You will also have an opportunity to paint flower pots and plant your own flower. All supplies will be provided. The birdhouse, birdseed ball and flower pot will be all yours to take home at the end of the evening. Recommended for kids in kindergarten through sixth grade. Peanut butter will be used during the crafts. This event will take place from 6 to 7 p.m. on May 16 at Lakeview Elementary School, 615 Lakeview Lane, Hoffman Estates. There is a limit of 50 people potting. There is a fee of $5 per pot. Please RSVP to let us know how many pots your family wants to paint.
To register, contact Meg Kwak at (847) 357-6586 or email@example.com. Leave your name, contact information, the number of children requiring childcare and the name of your child’s school. If you represent an agency in the area and would like to reserve a booth at the Summer Camp Expo, please contact Meagan Kasper at (847) 357-5027 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4/24 – Japanese Bread (pre-paid)
- 4/26 – Pizza Lunch (pre-paid)
- 4/27 – Fun Lunch (pre-paid)
- 4/30 – Gabutto Burger (pre-paid)
- 5/1 – Treat Day
- 5/2 – Student Dismissal at 11:40 (Teacher in-service in the pm)
- 5/2 – Kindergarten Concert – 6:00pm
- 5/3 – Pizza Lunch (pre-paid)
- 5/3 – Kindergarten Round Up – Incoming Kindergartners and Parents only, 9:00AM
- 5/3 – School Board Meeting at Rafferty Center, 7:00pm
- 5/4 – Fun Lunch (pre-paid)
- 5/7 – Obento Lunch (pre-paid)
- 5/8 – Japanese Bread (pre-paid)
- 5/8 – Staff Appreciation Day!!!
- 5/9 – PTA Scholarship Dinner
- 5/10 – Pizza Lunch (pre-paid)
- 5/10 – District 54 Retirement Dinner
- 5/11 – PTA Muffins for Moms, 7:45am in the gym