Principal’s Message- April 27, 2018
We have a busy May coming up! We will continue to keep you informed of all our activities.
Message from PTA
Hey, Dooley parents – let’s show our appreciation to our hard working teachers and staff who made us a Blue Ribbon School! Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week kicks off May 2 with lunch from the Toasty Cheese food truck, paid for by Dooley’s PTA. But we don’t want to stop there. The PTA is asking parents to donate breakfast items on Thursday May 3. Non perishable and refrigerated items may be dropped off in the front office as early as Wednesday and hot dishes should be at the school by 7:30 a.m. on Thursday. We also want to treat staff to yummy desserts on Friday May 4. Items should arrive no later than 10:30 a.m on May 4. All items should be dropped off at the front office. If you can contribute, please email PTA volunteer Sarah Mawhorr at email@example.com
Celebrate Reading and Writing
On May 15, we will be celebrating our students’ writing. Stop in your child’s classroom anytime between 4:30-6:00 p.m. to view all the wonderful writing they have done this year. It is a night not to miss!
District 54 Education Foundation – Upcoming support opportunities
Thank a Teacher
Are you looking for a unique gift to give your child’s teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week May 7-11? You can donate to the District 54 Education Foundation in their honor by visiting https://d54foundation.org/donate, entering an amount and selecting THANKS (To Honor And Notice Kindness & Service) from the drop-down menu. We will mail a certificate to the teacher you are honoring, and your donation will support students in need in District 54. If you would prefer, you can fill out our printable form and mail it to the Foundation with your donation.
Lou Malnati’s – May 2
The Foundation is partnering with Lou Malnati’s in Schaumburg to raise funds for students. Eat at or order from the Lou Malnati’s on Schaumburg Road or on Barrington Road on May 2, and 20 percent of total sales will be donated to the District 54 Education Foundation. You must bring in or mention the flyer at the time of your order. Click here for the flyer.
- 4/30 – Gabutto Burger (pre-paid)
- 5/1 – Treat Day
- 5/2 – Student Dismissal at 11:40 (Teacher in-service in the pm)
- 5/2 – Kindergarten Concert – 6:00pm
- 5/3 – Pizza Lunch (pre-paid)
- 5/3 – Kindergarten Round Up – Incoming Kindergartners and Parents only, 9:00AM
- 5/3 – School Board Meeting at Rafferty Center, 7:00pm
- 5/4 – Fun Lunch (pre-paid)
- 5/7 – Obento Lunch (pre-paid)
- 5/8 – Japanese Bread (pre-paid)
- 5/8 – Staff Appreciation Day!!!
- 5/9 – PTA Scholarship Dinner
- 5/10 – Pizza Lunch (pre-paid)
- 5/10 – District 54 Retirement Dinner
- 5/11 – PTA Muffins for Moms, 7:45 in the gym