Principal’s Message- January 31, 2020
Last night, many Dooley families gathered at Feed My Starving Children. Together, we packed enough meals to feed 47 children for an entire year! Thank you to all who attended this event.
Ms. Nowak’s first and second grade classroom has shared some photos to highlight their week. Students wrote about their goals for 2020, shared how they end their days on a positive note, and calm their bodies so they are ready to learn. We hope you enjoy this week’s Room 107 Highlights.
As a reminder, student-led conferences are right around the corner. Conferences will take place on Thursday, February 13th and Friday, February 14th. Thursday, February 14th is a half-day for students. Dismissal is at 11:40. February 14th and 17th are non-attendance days for students.
Carnations for Koalas
Dooley Student Ambassadors selling Carnations for Koalas. Carnations will be on sale February 3rd and 4th. All proceeds will be donated to WIRES – Australian Rescue and Wildlife Organization. Carnations for Koalas.pdf
Important – Street Closures
Please note that on Monday, February 3rd, Cambridge Drive will be closed between Bourne and Lowell. Additionally, Friday, February 7th, Norwood Lane will be closed between Bourne and Lowell.
Hello Dooley Families! Every year, our PTA plans multiple fun school events. These events have taken multiple forms over the years. To help us better meet the needs of our Dooley families, we would like your feedback to help us plan our Spring events! Please take the survey to share your preferences. PTA Survey
New Kindergarten Registration
Registration for all new kindergarteners, for the 2020-2021 school year, will be on Wednesday, February 5, 2020 from 9:00-11:00am and 5:00-7:00pm, at your neighborhood school. If your child turns 5 years old on or before September 1, 2020 and your family is new to District 54 please read what you need to do to register for kindergarten.
- Families new to District 54 should go to http://sd54.org/registration to begin your registration before February 5th. Print the confirmation you receive and bring it to your neighborhood school on February 6th. Current District 54 families, with new kindergarteners, need to register through their Parent Portal account.
- Along with the printed confirmation, you will need to bring your student’s original birth certificate (no copies) showing the student was born on or before September 1, 2015 (State of Illinois regulation).
- Families new to District 54 must provide proof of residency on February 5, 2020. All documents provided must be current, valid for 2020-2021, and reflect name and addresses within the school boundary. Below are items that are needed to prove residency:
At least one of the following documents:
- The most recent real estate tax bill for residency showing owner as the taxpayer, or a signed lease for the residence including a beginning and end date, or a closing statement for the purchase of the residence.
And at least two of the following documents:
- Illinois driver’s license, gas, water, electric, internet, television, telephone bill or letter confirming service connection, public assistance documentation, voter registration card, home or vehicle insurance certificate, Illinois automobile registration, or receipt for local city vehicle sticker where applicable.
If you have registration questions, please contact your neighborhood school.
February 5th: Kindergarten registration begins
February 6th: Open Enrollment Tours at Dooley from 12:30-2:30
February 13th: 11:50 dismissal, Parent Teacher Conferences
February 14th: No School, Parent Teacher Conferences
February 17th: No School, President’s Day
February 19th: Open Enrollment Tours at Dooley from 9:00-11:00