Principal’s Message and End of Year Information- May 15, 2020
We hope all of you are enjoying the warmer weather and sunshine as we wrap up the week. We continue to be amazed by the hard work and positivity of our students each day. Thank you for your continuous support.
As a reminder, there will be no V-Learning lessons on Monday, May 18th, as our teachers participate in remote planning. Next week, we will begin our supply pick up and drop off. Please see below for important details.
Dooley End of Year Procedures
Week of May 18th: Elementary Student Materials Drop off and Pick-Up
- Technology devices will NOT be returned this week
- Place a sheet of paper with your child’s name and room number on your dashboard
- All personal items not picked up will be discarded
- School and district materials, with the exception of iPads/Chromebooks, should be placed into a trash bag labeled with your child’s name and their homeroom teacher. The labeled bag with items you are returning should be placed in the trunk of your car
- Parents will drive through bus loops at their assigned times (see schedule below) for curbside drop off of school materials and pick-up of personal items. Our staff will place student personal materials in the trunk of each parent’s car and remove the district materials bag from their car accordingly.
- Parents and students will remain in cars the entire time
- To ensure materials are distributed efficiently, please attend the drop off at your child’s designated time.
- Parents with more than one child should attend drop off / pick up times for each child
- Teachers will not be available online to students or parents on the day where they are assigned to be at the building for materials collection. Enrichment activities will be pushed out to students for completion on these days.
Supply Drop off / Pick Up Schedule
- Tuesday, May 19th
- Yamamoto: 9:00-9:30
- Herbig: 9:30-10:00
- Mannina: 10:00-10:30
- Wednesday, May 20th
- First & Second Grades
- Nowak: 9:00-9:30
- S. Kim: 9:30-10:00
- Bell: 10:00-10:30
- Sanders: 10:30-11:00
- Bach: 11:00-11:30
- Y.Kim 11:30-12:00
- First & Second Grades
- Thursday, May 21st
- Fifth & Sixth Grades
- Meservey: 9:00-9:30
- Frieders: 9:30-10:00
- Brandys: 10:00-10:30
- Stob: 10:30-11:00
- Vandebogart: 11:00-11:30
- Abe: 11:30-12:00
- Tufexis: 12:00-12:30
- Fifth & Sixth Grades
- Friday, May 22nd
- Third and Fourth Grades
- Walz: 9:00-9:30
- Serna: 9:30-10:00
- Giammarese: 10:00-10:30
- Komoda: 10:30-11:00
- Hernandez: 11:00-11:30
- Mui: 11:30-12:00
- Tanaka: 12:00-12:30
- Third and Fourth Grades
Week of May 29th: Technology Drop Off Day for 2nd Grade & Non-Returning Students
The week of May 25th, our teachers will begin packing up their classrooms. On the day that your child’s teacher is packing, enrichment activities will be pushed out to their students. These may look a bit different than the typical V-Learning lessons. We hope they are engaging and fun for your child.
- Tuesday, May 26th: All Kindergarteners will receive enrichment activities
- Wednesday, May 27th: All 1st and 2nd graders will receive enrichment activities
- Thursday, May 28th: All 5th and 6th graders will receive enrichment activities; please note this is the last day of attendance for all students.
- Friday, May 29th: Records day, student non-attendance day, tech drop off day for 2nd graders (see schedule below)
2nd Grade and Non-Returning Technology Drop off Schedule
- Dooley will have a tech collection team present for parents to drive through bus loops for drop-off of materials
- We are only collecting technology from second graders and non-returning students
- 2nd Graders should return iPads and chargers
- Devices for other grade levels are District property and will be utilized next fall. This includes 6th graders, who will use their current devices in 7th grade
- Parents are to place student technology materials in the trunks of their cars, cars will pull through bus loops at assigned times (below), staff will remove technology materials from trunks and mark off each device returned by student name
- Parents and students are to remain in cars at all times
- Friday, May 29th:
- 9:00-9:30 S. Kim
- 9:30-10:00 Nowak
- 10:00-10:30 Y. Kim
- 10:30-11:00 Bach
- 11:00-11:30 All non-returning students (moving out of District 54)
PTA End of Year Gift
Dooley PTA has generously donated a gift for each student. When students come for their designated supply pick up day, they will receive a painting kit to create Dudley the Dragon. Mrs. Thomas has created a tutorial video: How to Draw Dudley the Dragon to accompany this gift.
Fourth Grade Students and Parents – Band and Orchestra Enrollment Information
As many of you know, students traditionally enroll in the District 54 Instrumental Music Program in the spring of fourth grade and begin lessons in fifth grade. Due to our unique circumstances in the spring of 2020, instrumental music enrollment will be held once school resumes in the fall. In the meantime, we encourage fourth grade students and their parents to visit the District 54 website (https://sd54.org/resources/instrumental-music-enrollment-spring2020) to view information about band and orchestra enrollment so that they are prepared to choose an instrument and join the fun!
District 54 Summer Camps Cancelled
Due to this unprecedented time we are faced with, all District 54 Summer Camps have been cancelled for this year. These camps include, Summer STEM, 54 Fitness League, Camp Creative, Language and Culture Camp, and Summer Instrumental Music. If you have submitted a payment for any camp, you will be issued a refund starting Thursday, April 30, and you should see a credit appear on your statement within 14 business days.
The camp facilitators are going to miss seeing students this summer. Students in all grade levels can stay engaged by participating in the School District 54 Summer Virtual Learning University, which is filled with fun activities and challenges for students and families to participate in together from home. The link for the Virtual Learning University will be on the School District 54 website in the last week of May.
Our PTA Needs Volunteers
We have one more role for a volunteer to fill in 2020-2021– the PTA Treasurer. Please see below for a description of the duties and time commitment. If you are interested, please let us know.
PTA Treasurer: Approximate time commitment 2-3 hours per month
1. Receive all monies and keep an accurate record of receipts and expenditures.
2. Place all monies in the bank.
3. Pay out funds in accordance with the budget as approved by the membership.
Checks shall be signed by the treasurer and one (1) other duly elected and authorized officer.
4. Attend monthly meetings and present a written financial statement at every meeting.
5. Be responsible for the remittance of the state and national portion of the dues.
6. Provide the checkbook, all bank statements, canceled and voided checks, deposit slips, treasurer’s record book and receipt book, vouchers and invoices for all disbursements to the audit committee.
7. Be responsible for completion and filing of appropriate forms as may be required
by Internal Revenue Service Regulations no later than the date established by the regulations.
8. Complete an official Illinois PTA Financial workshop.
Schaumburg Oyanokai Obento and Japanese Bread Orders
Due on MONDAY, May 18th: Parents who have ordered Obento lunches or Japanese bread, please complete the Google Form to indicate your preferences for either reimbursement or donation. SO Obento and Bread Form
Food Distribution and Donation Opportunities
You can find updates regarding food pantry locations and distribution and information on donation opportunities on the District 54 website.
Registration for the 2020-21 school year is underway for kindergarten through eighth grade.
New District 54 families
Click here to begin online registration. After processing your registration, your child’s new school will contact you to request additional information, such as the Student Transfer Form (ISBE form 33-78) for students transferring from another Illinois school; proof of immunizations (list of required immunizations by grade level), birth verification and proof of residence (see details at sd54.org/registration).
Current D54 families
Log in in to the parent portal, and update your information for next year by June 1, 2020. You must hit the SUBMIT button after reviewing the information, even if you don’t make any changes. If your children will not be attending District 54 schools next year, please contact your school office and let them know.
If you have previously created a portal account and cannot recall your username or password, you can reset them yourself from the parent portal website. If you have never created a portal account, please email email@example.com to create one.
All families are required to prove that they live within District 54 boundaries every year. If we were unable to verify your residency electronically, you will have the ability to upload your residency electronically through your portal. If you do not have a portal account, you can also email the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about transportation and the consumable materials fee will be communicated at a later time.