Posted May 11th, 2016 by Ms. Velasco
We can’t believe that the 15/16 school year will be coming to an end very soon! The ABC countdown has been a hit! We have enjoyed celebrating a new spirit day each day as we count down to the end of the year. The students are staying focused but also having a little fun as we look forward to summer vacation.
Celebrate Reading/Writing AND PTA End of the Year Celebration – Wednesday, May 18
Come celebrate with the Dooley staff a wonderful end to the 2015/2016 school year. On May 18th, we will have a lot going on at Dooley School. This action-packed night will not be a night to miss!
- Classrooms are open from 6:00PM-7:15 PM (During this time, parents and students can go visit their classroom and their teacher to view their writing from this school year.
- 6:00 PM – 5/6 students will be performing a short music program
- 6:15PM – 5/6 students will be dispersed around the building with their composer projects. Anyone is able to visit the students to learn more about the composer they researched.
- 6:00PM-7:15PM – EIM students in the Tuesday and Wednesday Morning Classes can go to room 101 to experience the listen stations. These stations are made up of different musical selections the EIM students recorded.
- Each Dooley student will have a piece of art work displayed on the walls of the school.
- Students in grades 3-6 will have fitness reflections hanging on the gym walls.
- 6:00PM-8:00PM – PTA will be hosting their End of the Year Celebration. During this time you may take silly pictures with friends and family in the photo booth and check out the buy-one-get-one-free book fair. Students can test their skills on the obstacle course and enjoy a freeze pop courtesy of the Dooley PTA!
Mother and Son Event, May 20th
Opening night at the Boomers is time for mother-son bonding. All Dooley moms and their boys are welcome to attend the game at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Mary 20. Tickets cost at $24 for a mom and her boy. Each additional son is $11. Price of admission includes a hot dog, chips and a drink for each person. Fliers went home.
D54 Foundation awards $26,500 in student grants
Support the foundation that supports our students
The Schaumburg Township Elementary School Foundation is thrilled to announce that it approved all 233 grant applications submitted this year by District 54 students for extracurricular summer activities. The Foundation will distribute about $26,500 to these families, who face extenuating financial circumstances. These grants, called Memorial Grants, are funded, in part, through contributions received in honor of individuals who have passed away. For a list of names, you can visit http://d54foundation.com/in-memory.
In addition to these grants, the D54 Foundation supports our school district through a variety of ways. Two of the Foundation’s current initiatives include breakfast programs for children from low-income households, and educational enrichment opportunities through STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) after-school programs. Did you know that 30 percent of the students in School District 54 qualify for the federal free lunch program? That means 30 percent of the students live in a household where the annual salary is less than $32,000 for a family of four.
To fully fund these programs, the Foundation reaches out to corporations and organizations for donations, and hosts other fundraisers that everyone can support. Please consider supporting the D54 Foundation by participating in one of these upcoming events.
- Schaumburg Boomers game – May 20
Please join the District 54 Foundation for the Opening Night game at the Schaumburg Boomers at 6:30 p.m. Friday, May 20. Tickets cost $11 and include free parking and post-game fireworks. In addition, children in attendance are invited to run the bases at the ballpark. To order tickets visit www.boomersbaseball.com/dist54 and enter promo code 2016d54; or click here to print out the District 54 Boomers Form and mail it to the Boomers with your payment.
- Golf Outing – June 13
Please consider golfing, joining us for dinner or sponsoring the annual golf outing at the Schaumburg Golf Club. To register for golf or dinner, or for more information, click here. In addition to mailing in a form with your check, we also have an online registration option this year. The cost of $150 per golfer (or $550 for a foursome) includes golf, a cart, lunch, dinner and various hole contests, such as Closest to the Pin and an opportunity to shoot for a $1 million hole-in-one. If you can’t attend, but would still like to make a donation to the silent auction, the Foundation would appreciate that as well.
- Mother and Son Event, May 20
- Opening night at the Boomers is time for mother-son bonding. All Dooley moms and their boys are welcome to attend the game at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Mary 20. Tickets cost at $24 for a mom and her boy. Each additional son is $11. Price of admission includes a hot dog, chips and a drink for each person. Watch for a flier coming home in backpacks to order tickets.
May 18 – PTA End of the Year Celebration (6-8) AND Celebrating Writing and Reading (6-7:15)
May 19 – School Board Meeting at Rafferty Center – 7:00PM
May 25 – Nihon Day
May 26 – Field Day
May 27 – Field Day Rain Date
May 30 – No School, Memorial Day
May 31- PTA End of the Year Parties (1:30-2:30)
June 1 – Last day of school, Dismissal 2:30Enjoy the Sunshine!