Dooley Elementary School
622 Norwood Lane
Schaumburg, IL 60193
Principal: Holly Schlicher
Assistant Principal: Logan Walther
Phone: (847) 357-6250
FAX: (847) 357-6251
Attendence Phone: (847) 357-6252
Thomas Dooley Elementary School serves over 450 students from kindergarten through sixth grade. Our staff works in cohesive teams referred to as Professional Learning Communities (PLC). The collaborative nature of these teams allows them to plan and implement instruction which meets the needs of every child within the grade level. Our PLC teams are well-equipped to challenge students who are ready to move forward, as well as provide additional support for students who need further assistance. This model is known as the acceleration block, and it occurs in both reading and math on a daily basis.
Dooley School offers a variety of educational opportunities and support programs for students. Our district’s core curriculum has been designed to meet the Illinois Learning Standards with a heavy emphasis on higher-level thinking skills. Our full continuum of special services allows students with special needs, including bilingual students and gifted students, to be serviced within the walls of Dooley School. Our most important job is to provide the best possible education for our students.
- We offer a balanced literacy program and encourage student growth in the areas of reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Our Go Math program builds on fundamental mathematical concepts to help students solve problems and become mathematically literate. We also offer an accelerated math program for qualifying students in 3rd through 6th grades.
- We offer a Japanese-English Dual Language program at Dooley School. Parents enroll their children in the dual language program from kindergarten through sixth grade. The goal of the program is for the students to be proficient in Japanese and English. Each classroom is comprised of native English-speakers and native Japanese-speakers. The diversity of this program has a positive impact on our school culture.
- Dooley also offers an Early Instrumental Music Program (EIM) that teaches students to learn to play violin through the Suzuki method beginning in Kindergarten.
- We make it a priority to ensure students master the Illinois Learning Standards. Common assessments are given and the data is analyzed to determine the needs of our students. PLC teams use this data to structure daily blocks of time to accelerate learning in both literacy and math for all children. This time ensures our students will receive targeted instruction to meet individual learning needs.
- We utilize a wide range of technology resources with all students. The tools employed allow us to enhance the curriculum being taught to increase student engagement.
- In addition to the excellent educational environment, we have a wide-range of clubs and activities available at Dooley. Some of the activities include: GEMS Club, S.T.E.M. Club, CODING Club, Rocketry Club, Creative Writing Club, Japanese Chorus Club, Japanese Culture Club, Karuta Club, Active Club, Battle of the Books Club, Patrol and Student Ambassadors Club.
Childcare is available before and after school at Dooley through a partnership with the Schaumburg Park District’s KASPER program. For more information about this program, please contact the Schaumburg Park District at (847) 252-2888.
Dooley School staff and community members take pride in working together to meet the needs of all children and work each day to “Embrace the Target.” We are able to accomplish this with a dedicated parent community and staff.
Colors: Blue and white